Pickens County Georgia
Pickens County Government has a job opening for a Water Service Worker.
Pay – $15.90 per hour.
This position is responsible for participating in the installation, maintenance and repair of the water
- Operates a vehicle along an assigned route to read and record water usage data.
- Locates malfunctioning meters; troubleshoots and makes repairs.
- Repairs and replaces water meters; installs water meters for new accounts.
- Turns off and locks meters for nonpayment.
- Connects water service for new customers.
- Re-reads meters as assigned.
- Operates a truck, a front-end loader and other equipment.
- Install water taps and service lines.
- Locates and repairs leaks.
- Install and service fire hydrants.
- Maintains shop and surrounding grounds.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Performs related duties.
- The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
Pickens County employees begin to accrue vacation and sick leave upon hire. Medical, Dental, Vision and other voluntary insurances are available the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Pickens County also offers a Defined Contribution 401(a) Retirement Plan.
Applicants must consent to a routine background investigation and drug screening.
Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to a completed employment application.
Submit application and resumé to [email protected] or in person Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Pickens County Administrative Offices
1266 E Church Street
Jasper, GA 30143
Pickens County, Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com